Make the Switch: Discipleship Week 1
- What’s something you’d like to be all in for? Why do you want to devote yourself to that?
- What do you think a disciple is?
- What do you think it means to be a fully devoted follower of Christ?
- Would you say it’s easy or hard to be all in for Christ? Why is that?
- Think about someone you know who’s an example of a person all in for Christ. What makes them that way? What do you see in their life that you wish you saw in your life?
- Read Matthew 4:18-20 together. What are the nets in your life—in other words, what are the things you need to leave behind in order to follow Jesus more wholeheartedly?
- What do you have to gain from being all in for Christ? What do you have to lose?
- What’s one thing you can start doing this week to start to live all in for God?
- How can you make it happen? How can we as a Switch group help one another be all in for Christ this week?
Some of you know that you believe in God. You’d even call yourself a Christian, but you know that you haven’t been all in for God. You’ve put so many other things before Him—and you try to fit Him into your day when you have time or when you think about it—but you haven’t made Him central in your life. He hasn’t been #1. But in order for you to really be a disciple of Christ, you need to be all in for Him.
God is only a prayer away. Take time now to pray in your own words for God to help you make Him central in your life today.